Heathercombe Open Gardens
Heathercombe is a tranquil secluded valley with streams tumbling through woods, ponds and a lake – the setting for 30 acres of spring and summer interest (and many recent changes), including daffodils in spring followed by carpets of bluebells that complement our extensive displays of rhododendrons and azaleas. We have many unusual specimen trees including maples and flowering dogwoods, lovely cottage gardens, an orchard in a meadow of orchids and other early summer wild flowers, a bog garden, woodland garden, fernery and numerous sculptures. There are woodland walks on our 2 miles of mainly level sandy paths, with many benches for relaxing and taking in the sights and sounds of nature.
- The gardens are open on the planned open days listed below. They are also open by arrangement at other times between April and October for individuals and groups (see below).
- Dogs on short leads are very welcome.
- Please let us know if you wish to walk around the broadleaved and conifer plantations.
- Home-made teas and refreshments are offered during planned open days in the pretty South Heathercombe cottage garden or conservatory if wet.
- There is a disabled toilet at the Wayside adjoining South Heathercombe.
- Please park neatly in the signed Car Park and check in at the hut. However, for disabled visitors there is reserved parking between North and South Heathercombe houses, close to the tea rooms and disabled toilet. Please check in at the tea rooms.
- Admission to the gardens: £5.00 per adult. Children are free.
- For more information and to visit by arrangement please phone John Pike on 01626-35440 or e-mail email@example.com
- For details of HOW TO FIND US, click here
Opening Dates in 2020:
|MARCH||Sunday 29th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||JUNE||Sunday 14th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|MAY||Sunday 10th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Tuesday 16th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Sunday 17th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Wednesday 17th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Sunday 24th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Thursday 18th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Tuesday 26th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Friday 19th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Wednesday 27th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Saturday 20th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Thursday 28th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Sunday 21st||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Friday 29th||1.30 – 5.30 pm|
|Saturday 30th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Tuesday 23rd||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Sunday 31st||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Wednesday 24th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Thursday 25th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|JUNE||Tuesday 2nd||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Friday 26th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Wednesday 3rd||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Saturday 27th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Thursday 4th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Sunday 28th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Friday 5th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||Tuesday 30th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Saturday 6th||1.30 – 5.30 pm|
|Sunday 7th||1.30 – 5.30 pm||JULY||Wednesday 1st||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Thursday 2nd||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Friday 3rd||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Saturday 4th||11 am -5.30 pm|
|Sunday 5th||11 am -5.30 pm|
For more information please contact John Pike:
By phone on 01626-354404 or 01647-221222
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of HOW TO FIND US, click here