Brief Description of Heathercombe Gardens
Heathercombe is a tranquil secluded valley with streams tumbling through woods, ponds and a lake – the setting for 30 acres of spring and summer interest (and many recent changes), including daffodils in spring followed by carpets of bluebells that complement our extensive displays of rhododendrons and azaleas. We have many unusual specimen trees including maples and flowering dogwoods, lovely cottage gardens, an orchard in a meadow of orchids and other early summer wild flowers, a bog garden, woodland garden, fernery and numerous sculptures. There are woodland walks on our 2 miles of mainly level sandy paths, with many benches for relaxing and taking in the sights and sounds of nature.
2021 Opening Arrangements
Our open days are listed below.
- Booking to visit the gardens via the National Gardens Scheme website is essential. Please click on the link: https://ngs.org.uk/view-garden/18508
- Admission to the gardens: £5.00 per adult is payable via the National Gardens Scheme website. Children are free.
- Dogs on short leads are very welcome.
- Self-service tea and coffee in disposable cups will be available at Heathercombe North – but we regret not home made teas as advertised.
- Visitors are very welcome to bring a picnic, making use of the many benches around the grounds on which to sit down, eat and relax!.
- There is currently no toilet available for visitors.
- Please park neatly in the signed Car Park (for disabled visitors there is reserved parking between North and South Heathercombe houses).
- Please collect from the hut in the car park your personal paper copy of the ‘Guide to the Gardens’ and enjoy your visit!
- For more information please phone John Pike on o1626-354404 or e-mail email@example.com
- For details of HOW TO FIND US, click here
- The gardens are also open by arrangement. Please contact John Pike as above.
2021 OPEN DAYS and TIMES
|Sunday||16 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Saturday||22 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Sunday||23 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Tuesday||25 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Wednesday||26 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Thursday||27 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Friday||28 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Saturday||29 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Sunday||30 May||1.30 – 5.30|
|Tuesday||1 June||1.30 – 5.30|
|Wednesday||2 June||1.30 – 5.30|
|Thursday||3 June||1.30 – 5.30|
|Friday||4 June||1.30 – 5.30|
|Saturday||5 June||1.30 – 5.30|
|Sunday||6 June||1.30 – 5.30|
|Saturday||12 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Sunday||13 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Tuesday||15 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Wednesday||16 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Thursday||17 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Friday||18 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Saturday||19 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Sunday||20 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Tuesday||22 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Wednesday||23 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Thursday||24 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Friday||25 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Saturday||26 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Sunday||27 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Tuesday||29 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Wednesday||30 June||11.00 – 5.30|
|Thursday||1 July||11.00 – 5.30|
|Friday||2 July||11.00 – 5.30|
|Saturday||3 July||11.00 – 5.30|
|Sunday||4 July||11.00 – 5.30|
For more information please contact John Pike:
By phone on 01626-354404
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of HOW TO FIND US, click here